I hate the fact that I have to wait until February to watch what happens to Rick and company. Things are starting to heat up as The Governor loses one eye care of Michonne. Andrea in the meantime is conflicted when she rescues the Governor from sure death under the hands of Michonne. But Andrea can’t reconcile the goody image she has of the governor versus the sinister Governor who collects zombie heads in an aquarium. The Governor is probably one of the most bipolar characters we’ve seen so far. When his beloved zombie daughter, Penny, is killed by Michonne, you really feel pity for him. He obviously has his sentimental and human side. It would be great if the writers showed a little flashback as to what the Governor was like before her lost his family. I’m pretty sure he was just a regular family man. The zombie infestation has certainly not left a single character unscathed.
Merle is reunited with Daryl after he gets captured following Rick and Co.’s daring rescue of Maggie and Glenn. Merle has been branded a traitor by the good ol’ Governor, so I hope we see Merle switching sides. I doubt that is going to happen though as his temperament doesn’t belong to Rick’s camp. But who knows? Stranger things have happened?
Back in the prison, Carl takes charge. He daringly rescues humans who have gotten lost in the prison. There will certainly be more new characters in the group. It is only a matter of time before we find out if any of them survive and get incorporated into Rick’s dwindling group.
I’m hoping to get to see more of the bipolar Governor. He truly is the best new character introduced since well, day 1. I like how duplicitous and cunning he is. But his love for his daughter Penny, is a bit moving. We might see more darkness from him in the next couple of episodes, seeing that he has nothing much to live for.
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Recap: Made to Suffer (hollywood.com)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Mid-Season Finale: What to Expect on Hot AMC Series (atlantablackstar.com)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ midseason finale recap: In the land of the blind (nj.com)
- Brotherhood, Betrayal & the Buildup: The Walking Dead Episode 307 Review (sarahonthego.com)
- Walking Dead – Made to Suffer (televisionwithoutpity.com)
- Walking Dead, S3:E8, “Made to Suffer” Midseason finale (fissionerror.wordpress.com)
- Archive for December, 2012 – Boston Herald (blog) (bostonherald.com)
- ‘Walking Dead’ Midseason Finale Will Claim Another Survivor’s Life (splashpage.mtv.com)
- ‘Walking Dead’ recap: Perversion, violence and weird experiments in Woodbury (mercurynews.com)
- The Walking Dead Recap – Season 3, Episode 7: When the Dead Come Knocking (biffbampop.com)